Now medical acupuncture training in India is available at the initial level of certificate courses, courses are available for all at our Acupuncture training centre, we have diploma level to Ph.D courses are available at Acupuncture Academy. Acupuncture is related to the medical field and involves a Acupuncture treatment technique which involves needles in it. Hence the courses involve both practical and theoretical understanding of the treatment.
Since Acupuncture Courses can be pursued at UG, PG and as short term certifications, these courses help the students to enhance their employ ability. Below are the highlights of different Acupuncture Courses offered in India.
ACUPUNCTURE TRAINING COURSES FOR INDIANS
1. DIPLOMA IN ACUPUNCTURE
- Duration : 1 year
- Eligibility : 10 +2
- University : Vinayaka Mission University
2. BACHELOR OF ACUPUNCTURE
- Duration : 3 year
- Eligibility : 10 +2 in PCMB / PCCB / Diploma in Paramedical from recognized board or university.
- Lateral Entry 1 : 10 +2 with Diploma in acupuncture/ BTCM can get admission to 2nd year but will have to appear for English as an additional subject.
- Lateral Entry 2 : Medical graduates, DTCM, M.D.(Acu) can get admission to 3rd year but will have English & Medical ethics as additional subjects.
- University : Karnataka State Open University
- Subjects :
- First Year : English language-1. Anatomy, Physiology, Social & Preventive Medicine, Fundamentals of Acupuncture
- Second Year : Internal Medicine (Western), Acupuncture Meridians & Points, Five Element Theory & Points, Ancilliary Acupuncture, Indian Constitution & Medical ethics.
- Third Year : Classical Acupuncture, Applied Acupuncture, Obstretics & Gyaenecology, Preliminary TCM, Environmental studies, Clinical practical.
3. MASTER OF ACUPUNCTURE
- Duration : 2 year
- Eligibility : MBBS, BHMS, BAMS,BUMS, Bachelor of Naturopathy, Bachelor of Acupuncture, DTCM.
- Subjects :
- First Year : Acupuncture theory, TCM, Bio-Energy- Advanced Five Elements, Auriculo-Scalp Acupuncture & Acupressure.
- Second Year : Scientific base of Acupuncture, Application & Techniques, Applied Acupuncture, Clinical Practical.
SHORT TRAINING COURSES FOR DOCTORS
1. B.T.C.M. : TRAINING COURSE IN BASIC TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE (ACUPUNCTURE/ ACUPRESSURE)
- Syllabus : Modalities of Acupuncture, Scientific properties of Acupuncture point & Meridian, Network of Meridians, Flow of Energy, Actions of Acupuncture, Cun Measurement, Yin & Yang, Five Elements, Organ Clock theory, Location & Indications of routinely used points of all Meridians, Principles of Acupuncture point selection, Treatment of common disorders eg. Bronchial asthma, rhinitis, migraine, frozen shoulder, Cervical spondylosis, Backache, Lumbar pain, Sciatica, Knee pain, Heel pain, Poly-arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylosis, Gout, Skin / Eye/ Ear disoders, Obesity, Diabetes, Thyroid disorders, Menstrual disorders, Hypertension, Heart/ Liver/ Kidney disorders, Addiction, Acne, Abdominal disorders, Mental retardation, Parkinsonism, Impotence, Sterility etc.
2. D.T.C.M.- TRAINING COURSE IN DETAIL ADVANCE TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE. ( ACUPUNCTURE & ACUPRESSURE)
- Syllabus :
- Scalp Acupuncture, Auriculotherapy, Wrist-Ankle Acupuncture, Chinese & Korean Hand Acupuncture, ECIWO, Face- Nose Acupuncture, Foot Reflexology. Pulse diagnosis, Tongue/ Nail/Iris diagnosis.
- How to find out the root cause of the disease according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Sixty six Command points, Shu points, Mother points, Son Points, Horary Points, Single needle therapy, Differentiation of Syndromes, Syndromes of Qi & Blood.
- Theory and practical demonstration of Laser Beam therapy, Cupping, Moxibustion, Bekam therapy, TENS, Catgut/ Seed embedding therapy., Needling techniques, Acupressure, Cosmetic Acu Facial Massage, Acupuncture Anaestesia, Characteristics of Yin & Yang, Zang Fu theory, Cycles Five Elements in detail.
- Treatment of all difficult & so called incurable disorders by using curative points.
3. C.C.AC. (TRAINING COURSE IN COSMETIC ACUPRESSURE)
- Syllabus : Basics of Acupuncture/ Acupressure, Treatment of Acne vulgaris, Acne Rosacea, Black circles / bags below the eye, Hypermelanin pigmentation on face, Wrinkles on face/ neck, Obesity, Hair loss, Eye / Nail beautification, Breast development & drooping down of breast.Traditional Chinese massages- Cosmetic Acu Facial massage, Body massage, Meridian Massage, Head Massage, Breast Massage for development and avoiding cancer Acupressure treatment of Headache, Migraine, Neck / lumbar/ knee pain, Painful/ irregular menstruation, Hyperacidity, Constipation, Indigestion, Hypertension, Insomnia , Menopause syndrome etc.
4. MEDICAL REVISION COURSE
- Syllabus : Diagnosis & D/D of common disorders of – Respiratory, Cardio-Vascular, Urinary, Locomotor, Central Nervous System, ENT, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Endocrinology, Hepato-Biliary System etc alongwith Anatomy, Physiology, Pathological investigations, ECG, Audiometry, X ray, CT Scan, MRI etc.
- Teaching material and questionaires will be posted regularly for about 6 months. Additionally the doctor-student will be required to undergo practical training at Mumbai or Aurangabad for at least a week.
- Admission : Please send the registration form along with 50% of the fees in Advance by a bank draft in favour of Indian Academy of Acupuncture Science, Aurangabad. Rest 50% payable at the time of practical training. Exam will be conducted at the end of practical training, before certification.
- As soon as your form and draft are received, the study material will be posted to you immedietly. Quistionaires will be sent every fortnight online or by post, as you wish (online preferable).
- We will correct your answers and guide you. Your doubts will be explained. During practical training you may witness about 60-80 patients per day at any of our centres for 1-2 weeks. Stay & food will be borne by you. We may help in booking a hotel for you.